Google Local and You
Have you noticed those results that appear at the top of a Google search along with the map? These are Google Local (also known as Google Maps) listings and it’s easy to sign YOUR business up. For a quick example, we are listed on Google Local – just do a search in Google for ‘Lynchburg Web Design’ and we are currently # 2.
What’s the advantage of a Google Local listing?
– Increased exposure
– Makes it easy for customers to find you
– More traffic to your website
– It’s FREE!
How to signup for Google Local:
- Go to http://www.google.com/local
- Sign in with your Gmail email account or Sign Up for a free account
- Once you’ve logged in, click on the Add New Business button
- Enter your business information (Address, Phone, Etc)
- Click Next
- If your business is already listed, click on Claim Listing. If it’s not listed, click Add Listing.
- You can now add additional information about your business like hours, payment options, and photos.
- Your business will need to be verified by Google before it will be posted. You can choose the phone or postcard option. Depending on the option you choose, Google will either call you with an activation code or send a postcard to your business address with your activation code.
- When you receive your activation code, return to Google Local. Sign in and type in your activation code.
- You can login to your Google Local listing at any time to change or update information.
Optimizing Google Local Listing
Is your Google Local listing not showing up in the top 10? We offer Local Search Optimization. Contact us for more information.